ordinary joys: coconut products and old lady edition

1. snail mail- yep, I'm an old person. I love receiving it and sending it. Creating art and mailing it is a great way for James to stay connected with family we don't see often, and I have a feeling receiving mail from James brightens their day as well.


2. cardboard boxes- We spent almost four hours the other day destroying a cardboard box and making it into a garage with a launch ramp and a vertical tunnel. The down side: it still is taking up way too much space in our living room.




3. coconut cream in coffee- You skim the inch of fat off the top of a can of coconut milk and dissolve about a teaspoon into your coffee each morning. Paired with the smoothness of our new aerobie coffee press. Sheer bliss.


4. the library- did I mention I'm an old person? When the kids and I were quarantined last week I had to get out of the house. We ended up making two library trips because it seems to be the only place you can be constantly wiping your child's nose without too many raised eyebrows. There are about fifteen books checked out under my name and scattered around our house, but it was totally worth it.

5. cereal for dessert- current favorite: "Mom's Best Toasted Cinnamon Squares." It is cinnamon toast crunch, but for some reason the off-brand makes me feel like it isn't as bad. (No HFCS, but just as much sugar.)

6. these adorable little page flags- my mother-in-law gave them to me. I use them to mark recipes in cookbooks that are new to me because I got them from the library (see #4... that's a number sign, not a "hash tag" by the way)


7. these free printable sandwich wrappers- what a fun way to brighten Lane's day when he goes to eat lunch.

8. coconut oil as face moisturizer- I got the idea from this gal. It works great on my ridiculously dry skin.

I hope you have a day filled with ordinary and extraordinary joys!




Anonymous –   – (April 24, 2013 at 9:10 AM)  

Love all of these! And those kids are too cute. :)

Post a Comment

Hooray for (nice) comments!... Thanks!

\